‘The return of our summer event truly enriches the park experience, offering something for guests of all ages through spring, summer, fall and winter,’ the official said.
Canada’s Wonderland opened this month and today released a full lineup of exciting events and entertainment returning for the 2022 season. The park opens to the public on April 30 and this summer will feature seven festivals, including three new food festivals – Portugal, Ireland and the Caribbean – plus the return of the long weekend fireworks. The fun season continues into fall and winter with Camp Spooky, Halloween Haunt and WinterFest.
“We are very pleased to be able to deliver another season full of fun to our guests,” said Norm Pirtovshek, general manager. “With more than 200 attractions in the park, we are known for the thrills, but the return of our summer events really enriches the park experience, offering something for guests of all ages through spring, summer, fall, and winter.”
The 2022 series of events includes:
- Fireworks (May 22, July 1, July 31, September 4) – Watch a spectacular fireworks display of light and color exploding over the park’s skyline choreographed with a lively soundtrack.
- Splash Works Opening (May 28) – Return to the poolside fun at the 20-acre water park, with 17 slides, cliff jumping, water park, Lazy River, and more!
- Brew & BBQ (June 24-26) – The annual BBQ festival returns with thumping live music, dozens of traditional beers and ciders, plus a tantalizing summer menu of ribs, gourmet burgers and BBQ chicken.
- Celebration Canada (1-17 July) – This is Canada’s biggest birthday celebration! Join us for lively music, street entertainment and see the impressive skill and antics of the West Coast Lumberjacks. Then indulge in Canadian food like beef sliders, poutine, mac’n cheese, and more.
- KidZfest (July 23-August-7) – This party is perfect for families and kids with special guest appearances, dance parties with the PEANUTS gang, interactive games, activities, live entertainment and more.
- NEW! Taste of Portugal (August 13-14) – Enter a festival that celebrates Portugal’s old-school charm, with lively street entertainment and traditional food including delicious grilled chicken and a sweet, rich and incredibly crunchy Portuguese custard tart.
- NEW! Taste of Ireland (20-21 August) – The vibrant flavors and culture of the Emerald Isle arrives in Canada’s Wonderland with lively Celtic music and dancers and delicious Irish cuisine featuring Guinness BBQ Pork Ribs, Irish Shepard’s Pie and sweet desserts such as Chocolate Guinness Cake and Butterscotch Apple Cake.
- NEW! Taste of the Caribbean (August 27-28) – Enjoy island flavors from jerk chicken to seafood specials, rum cakes and candied coconut, plus summer fruity drinks while the sound of steel drums fills the air.
- Oktoberfest (10-11 September, 17-18) – Over two weekends, guests will be treated to German-themed food, specialty drinks and traditional festival bands in the castle grounds of the Medieval Faire. Enjoy classic sausages, schnitzel, Bavarian pretzels and a refreshing pint.
- Camp Spooky (weekend 24 September 30 October) – This family-friendly Halloween event is back with trick-or-treating, costume parades, live shows with The PEANUTS gang, interactive games, rides, and more!
All the above mentioned events are included with the park admission.
Halloween Haunt returns this fall on select nights September 23 through October 30 with hundreds of monsters, fear zones, mazes, and spooky live entertainment. Then the park turns into a world of holiday wonders for the WinterFest, which takes place on certain nights November 18 through December 31.
In addition to these events, Canada’s Wonderland will also feature world-class live entertainment during the summer, including Tundra: A Cirque Experience, a new diving action show called “Fall Out”, Victoria Falls High Divers, Woofjocks, and shows with Snoopy and PEANUTS gang.
Guests can get unlimited access to all four seasons of fun with the Gold Pass, which is now on sale for seven easy payments of $15.71. For more information about events, hours of operation, or park safety protocols, visit www.canadaswonderland.com
“Coffee aficionado nerd. Troublemaker. General communicator. Gamer. Analyst. Creator. Total brew ninja.”